|Kristin Brynsvold – Librarian||Mary Sible – Library Assistant|
Updated for Fall 2020: Tuckahoe Library Checkout Policies
- Print books can be picked up at Tuckahoe Thursday afternoons from 2:30-5:30 pm.
- To pick up print books, students must place holds online through Destiny Discover.
- It is the students’/families’ responsibility to see if holds are available before picking up. To do this, students can access their account in Destiny Discover, go to “checkouts,” and see if the holds they placed are checked out to them. If holds are still listed under “holds,” they are not available. This should be done prior to coming to Tuckahoe for pickup.
- Holds will be frozen Wednesday from 3:00 pm to Thursday at 12:00 pm so that current holds can be readied for Thursday pickup.
- Students can only place a hold on one book in a series at a time.
- Students may place up to 5 holds at a time. However, not all holds may be available for pickup the same week.
- Books can be returned Monday-Thursday, between 9:00 and 5:00. There will be a labeled bin outside the school for books to be placed in.
- Books may be checked out for 4 weeks at a time.
- We are not charging for unreturned books from spring 2020. However, students will be charged for missing books from the 2020-2021 school year.
- Returned books will be quarantined for 7 days and wiped down with disinfectant on the eighth day.
- Library staff will not limit checkout based on book content. It is the guardians’ responsibility to monitor what their student reads, if desired.