Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
Phone: 703 – 228 – 8306
Fax: 703 – 237-1548
Tuckahoe Library’s Mission
The mission of the Tuckahoe Library is to create a warm and welcoming environment where students are empowered to become life-long learners, lovers of reading, and effective users of ideas and information.
Tuckahoe Library Checkout Policies: Updated for Fall 2020
- Print books can be picked up at Tuckahoe Thursday afternoons from 2:45-4:45 pm.
- To pick up print books, students must place holds online through Destiny Discover.
- It is the students’/families’ responsibility to see if holds are available before picking up. To do this, students can access their account in Destiny Discover, go to “checkouts,” and see if the holds they placed are checked out to them. If holds are still listed under “holds,” they are not available.
- Students can only place a hold on one book in a series at a time.
- Students may place up to 5 holds at a time. However, not all holds may be available for pickup the same week.
- Books may be checked out for 2 weeks at a time. Students may have no more than 12 books out at one time.
- We are not charging for unreturned books from spring 2020. However, students will be charged for missing books from the 2020-2021 school year.
- Books can be returned Monday-Thursday, between 9am and 4pm. There is a plastic labeled bin outside the front doors for library books. Returned books will be quarantined for 7 days and wiped down with disinfectant on the eighth day.
- Library staff will not limit checkout based on book content. It is the guardians’ responsibility to monitor what their student reads, if desired.
Tuckahoe Library Borrowing Policy
How Many Books Can I Check Out?
All students may check out books, magazines, and audio books. We encourage all students to choose a variety of books, including at least one fiction book.
- Students in PreK may borrow one book at a time.
- Students in K-1st grade may borrow up to two books at a time.
- Students in grades 2-5 may borrow up to three books at a time.
When Are Books Due?
- Items are checked out for two weeks at a time and can be renewed for an additional two weeks. Students must bring their book to the library to renew the book. Students who finish their books before their scheduled library time are encouraged to come to the library during our open book exchange every morning from 8:50-9:15.
What happens if I have an overdue book or lost/damaged book?
- When a book is overdue, the student’s account is blocked by the computer, preventing new material from being borrowed. When this happens, we send a “love note” home with the child to request a grown-up’s help with locating the book. During the time before the overdue book is returned to school, students are encouraged to borrow a book from “The Purple Box.” This is a box of very good paperback books that have been donated to us. Students may also put one book on the “Save” shelf until their overdue books are returned.
- Lost books must be paid for in order to clear student records. Students will be asked to send money for lost and damaged items depending on the repair or replacement cost. Cash or checks made out to “Tuckahoe Elementary School” are accepted for payment. If a book is found before the end of the school year, your money will be refunded.
- With close to 1,500 books circulating weekly, we work hard to keep the shelves up to date and books flowing smoothly. As always, we appreciate all that parents and loved ones of our students do to assure their success each day.