At Tuckahoe Elementary School our 3rd, 4th & 5th graders are given the opportunity to participate in a Jump Rope for Heart (JRFH) event. In cooperation with the American Heart Association, students are able to fight heart disease and stroke, our nation’s #1 and #3 killers. This event takes place the last week of February or first week of March every year.The benefits of Jump Rope For Heart:
- It’s a fun event!
- Encourages community service.
- Is an educational program.
- Raises money to fund lifesaving research and education programs.
- Helps students learn jump-rope skills.
- Improve physical fitness
- Students set and achieve goals and discover that they can make difference!
- In addition, students earn thank-you gifts based on the dollars they raise.
For additional information about Jump Rope for Heart (JRFH), and to learn the warning signs of heart attack or stroke, go to the Kids Heart Challenge.